Thursday, December 31, 2015

Day 365 - 31st December 2015 - Woodpeckers, Wreath and White-Throated Sparrow

Well this is it - the end of the month and the year. Tomorrow we move on to 2016. This must be my year end gift - I slept until 5:30 am! Oh what a day it will be. Looks like it's going to be mostly a mild and wet day, but if you are going out to welcome in the New Year with friends watch the roads, temperature looks like it will dip later tonight. This is the time to think about resolutions for the coming year. Tomorrow will be the 1st day of the 4th year of the blog. I always wonder if I should continue, but I will. For me it's a bit like therapy and a journal.
Wednesday wasn't a bad day - warmed up, the roads cleared and it was good to get out.  Most people were doing the clean up in the morning - shoveling, plowing driveways etc. The roof stuffy seems to be working against the ice, although I probably should have plugged it in earlier than we did the other day. My feeders and Lois' usually have the same birds. Although I've got Juncos (2 now) and she has a White Throated Sparrow. The Goldfinches and Purple Finches, Chickadees, Blue Jays and Mourning Doves just go from feeder to feeder in the hood.
Male Hairy Woodpecker.
The Male Purple Finch adds a shot of color against the snow.
Female Downy Woodpecker.
I waited patiently and the White-Throated Sparrow emerged from his hiding spot.
And I did get a wreath on the front door before the holidays. Thanks to Larry.













Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment