Monday, December 21, 2015

Day 355 - 21st December 2015 - Goldfinches, Woodpecker and Snow

So I thought today was the shortest day of the year but apparently after checking google I'm wrong this year it's the 22nd! I'll save my thoughts on that for tomorrow. Not as cold this morning and the wind has died out.  Looks like a nice mild day in the making. I've got to get those things done that I put off on the weekend - cherries dipped and cookies decorated then tins filled to give away. Should free up some space in the fridge and freezer. I believe a good long walk in the hood is needed too.
Sunday remained windy and cold so we gave a pass at going to Cape Sable Island.  Puttered around the house - as usual doing the Sunday lunchbox cooking (seriously getting tired of that).  Went to town to pick up the things I forgot on Saturday and then we went to a birthday party - nice couple of hours. At 4:45pm yesterday with some daylight left the moon was sitting high in the sky.
 A windblown Goldfinch.
 A female Woodpecker found some good eats.
A great feeder for the Goldfinches and other small birds, however,  I've seen the squirrels weasel their way in too.




The cranberry ditch is frozen over with snow along the edges.







Snow dipped branches.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment