Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Day 364 - 30th December 2015 - Ice and Goldfinch

Beautiful early morning, trees are covered in snow and the moon and stars shine on them. Looks like it will be a pretty good day out there, although I'm sure the roads will be a tad slippery. Absolutely no idea what I'm going to get up to today. Definitely some walking and there are a few inside projects that I can finish and get started on.
Ok, so winter can leave now. Had enough of that Tuesday. Oh yes our first snow storm of the season. I'd forgotten (or maybe I choose to push it to the back of my mind) all the things that are really annoying about winter - taking the extra time to get bundled up to walk Lexi, shoveling, frozen mail box,  etc. Apparently there is nothing we can do about Mother Nature but go with the flow.
I got out for a walk before the snow started yesterday morning, it was calm and quiet - as they say before the storm.  Of course Lexi loves the snow and would spend most of the day out in it, except her pads ice up and we stop frequently but that never deters her. I dug out my snow suit and we roamed the woods in the afternoon. Barely able to see where we were going, but she had a ball. I worked some more in the library and spent a little time in my sewing room doing alterations - still a few more pants to shorten. Lots of Goldfinches, Purple Finches, Chickadees, Blue Jays and Mourning Doves at the feeders. And of course our single Junco.  Think I spied the White-Throated Sparrow at Lois' in the afternoon.
 Before it started snowing it was a good morning for some ice photos.
















Not a good day to be a bird - Goldfinch.









Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment