Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Day 357 - 23rd December 2015 - Fog, White Breasted Nuthatch and Pussy Willows

A mild morning with stars in the sky and a little wind. I know that everyone (or most people) hope for a White Christmas as the song says but in reality a green Christmas is much better for many people. Those that plow roads will be home with their families, less chance of accidents, picking up loved ones from airports, visiting, etc. For me it's the selfish reason - I hate the thought of missing turkey dinner at my parents.  It's all about the food and being together. Have a few things left to finish up today and then we will deliver gifts this evening.
Wrapping finished up, odd jobs around the house done and very little left.... I think. It was a nice morning for a walk before the rain started after lunch.  Made a lasagna for supper which is good for another night. Will save the Lobster for Christmas Eve.
Thick fog on the lake, but with not a breath of wind -beautiful for reflections.
Raindrops hung from all the branches.
Perhaps I should take my tea with me and enjoy some deck time at a neighbour's.
Birds were few - although I did find three White Breasted Nuthatches.
Pussy Willows in December?












Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment