Saturday, December 5, 2015

Day 339 - 5th December 2015 - Hens, Roosters and a Chickadee

A too early morning - going to be another long day! Well I too the opportunity to finish reading a book, although for some reason my kobo has become rather sluggish and the pages don't move fast enough. Ugh - will investigate later. Going to be a busy - setting up the display at the library this morning, then off to Cape Sable Island to see what's out there in the bird world and some shopping in Barrington.
More baking yesterday- fruitcake cookies and cathedral cookies and all the normal household chores. It's never ending but slowly but surely things are getting done. I started off with a walk around the hood the only birds  I could find were some Chickadees and a couple of very elusive Golden Crowned Kinglets ( I know you are tired of hearing about them). Lexi and I did see a Robin in the afternoon. The yard and feeders have the usual visitors of Blue Jays, Mourning Doves, Woodpeckers, Chickadees and Goldfinches.
My most interesting morning find was Lois and Danny's Chickens - seems they are really happy in trees.


















Oh yes he's the Cock of the walk! Handsome and sure of himself.
Just a little light coming through the point.
And the never failing friendly Chickadee.









Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment