Saturday, December 12, 2015

Day 346 - 12th December 2015 - Chickadee, Goldfinch and Grasses

A lovely mild morning, quiet with a few stars in the sky.  Of course I'm up way too early once again (4 am), leaving me free to read for a couple of hours. It would be nice if I could actually get some work done around the house but that would mean I'd have the rest of the household out of bed too. So some computer work and/or reading is it for a while. Have to run in town this morning and mail off some parcels, then I think we'll head to Cape Sable Island and see if those Mountain Blue Birds are still in residence. Maybe today will be my lucky day. Will do our grocery shopping in Barrington while we are out in that direction - two stores are better than one!
Most of Friday was spent once again the kitchen. Lexi and I got out a few times and I wandered over to have tea and catch up with Lois. I was ready at that point for a few minutes of escape. Rum Balls, Fudgy Tassies and Carrot Cake Cupcakes done as well as a few other things finished off.
 There are lots of Chickadees around every day - in the yard or the woods.
The Grasses are still attractive.













A single feather floated through the air and landed in the driveway. Guessing Mourning Dove or Blue Jay
The Goldfinches are regular visitors now.








Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. I did see one of those pilated wood peckers very red thing on the top of its head. I stopped to try and get a photo but no luck. It flew by my window as I was turning in the yard. Going to see if I can find it again

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did see one of those pilated wood peckers very red thing on the top of its head. I stopped to try and get a photo but no luck. It flew by my window as I was turning in the yard. Going to see if I can find it again

    ReplyDelete