Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Day 323 - 19th November 2014 - Ruffed Grouse, Mushrooms and Witches Butter

Here we are at Wednesday. No coffee this morning - I should be quite owly before too long but I've got to go for blood work, have been putting it off for a couple of weeks. Last night I stuck a post it note on my laptop - "no coffee" so I wouldn't forget! And I tried to stay in bed as long as I could this morning.  So some errands and appointments today, including the Doctor this morning, to check out this cough/congestion.   It's a winter wonderland out there this morning, few flurries coming down but everything has a layer of snow.
No rain yesterday which was great, but windy, windy and chilled off as the day went on. Lexi and I got some roaming in. The lake, ditches and swamps are definitely full - as they they say - winter will begin now. Not much done in the cleaning department yesterday, but I did get some computer work done that I needed to. Always good to accomplish something and cross it off that list.
 Hiding in a tree in the yard - can you see the Partridge or Ruffed Grouse.
 These mushrooms look like chocolate - probably won't try them though.
The cranberry ditch is full of water.

 I think this is called Witch's Butter - it's pretty cool looking.
 The clouds were kind of angry looking and the water was rough with the wind.








Enjoy your day!



No comments:

Post a Comment