Sunday, November 9, 2014

Day 313 - 9th November 2014 - Green Heron, Goldfinch, Blue Jay and White-breasted Nuthatch

So I'm up way too early this morning, first time in over a week, but that might have been because I had too early of a night. Long day in the forecast. Not sure what's on the agenda for today, might try to go somewhere for a short jaunt but we've got a turkey out to cook for supper and I want Larry to get back on his feet well for work tomorrow.
Brr...what a cold and windy day it was on Saturday. Larry still has his cold and I had the tickle in my throat all day - generous husband. All the same it was a great day - we went  in search of the Green Heron and I found him with no problems. If I had been any closer I would have tripped over him. I think we were both startled and he flew and little further along the edge of the pond settling in some more grasses. Sitting very still and quiet. He was very obliging so we stayed a while and then left him in peace. Since he's a rarity for our area, I'm hoping he soon moves on his way south to winter. A new bird for me and a good day. Grocery shopping and then home to make dough for pizza crust for supper. Since neither of us are feeling A-1, it was a quiet night in and early to bed.
Our big surprise - he wasn't near as large as we expected him to be. And such cool orange feet.

He moved a few times but no distance and with very little alarm.
It was terribly windy and hard to shoot between the grasses, but I was happy with some of my shots.
Back home it was the feeders - with Goldfinches.











 Blue Jay.














White Breasted Nuthatch has discovered the suet.











Enjoy your day!

1 comment: