Monday, March 31, 2014

Day 90 - 31st March 2014 - Purple Finch, Geese and Eagle

Monday morning, temperature is +4.7, back to work and more rain on it's way today. Rainfall and freezing rain alert is still posted. Guess it's going to be another inside day - if that's the case will tackle some spring cleaning. At some point the weather will break and I want to be ready for it, or at least not feel guilty about things not done.
Sunday was mostly a lazy day, seems I say that too much - maybe it's time to get my act together and really get things done. A couple of days of hard work and I'll have everything crossed off my around the house list I haven't finished this winter. We had rain most of the day. Did go up to breakfast - nice to see some folks we haven't seen lately -  chat, visit and not have to cook. Lois called to say that Kate & William's kids were back so I was twitching to see them. Finally I got out around the hood about lunch time for a quick run - sure enough saw them, some ducks and the eagle. Had 2 male Purple Finches and 1 female at the feeders when we came from breakfast. The trees were alive and sounding like an Alfred Hitchcock movie - Goldfinches everywhere - in the trees, bushes then down in the feeders. Spend a good portion of the day hanging out. We have about a dozen Chickadees too and I think there may be some courting going on in that department. Larry made Corn Chowder and biscuits for supper - so good! The corn is some from the garden we had frozen - just as sweet and good as the day we picked it.
I wish the Finch would co-operate for a photo shoot.
 One of these things is not like the others....
 Two of the four children.

 As I walked along the cove I could hear the other two flying and honking.
 The Bald Eagle was the reason.
They quickly headed back to join their siblings.










Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Aren't you and Lois special to have had a royal visit again. Have a great day I am dragging butt this morning it was a long night just caught the sump pump when it decided to stop working. A little water but crisis mainly diverted. You have a good day lots of wave activity here this morning.

    ReplyDelete