Thursday, March 20, 2014

Day 79 - 20th March 2014 - Morning over the Harbour, Song Sparrow and Mergansers

Today at 1:57 pm is the first day of Spring - rah!! The Old Farmer's Almanac tells us this is the season of the rebirth of flora and fauna, longer days and warmer temperatures. All I can say is that I'm ready and no matter what the weather people throw at us for the next week or so - I know that it won't last; that the sun will take it away quicker than a month or so ago. I was up too early again this morning - 4:15 am, it's beginning to be habit forming and really I should be sleeping better on this time change or that is my norm but for some reason not this year. I stood on the deck with Lexi a little while ago and looked at the stars high in the sky, temperature is -1.4 so that's better than most mornings this week. Soon I can move a deck chair out of the storage shed and enjoy my morning coffee on the deck, waiting for the birds to wake up and visit the feeders - the way I like to start the day.
Had a decent day in town, lunch at the Beandock - caught up with the news. Researcher was in that I know so we also had a good chat. I helped her and she helped me - so all was good. Got some work done, but had a headache all day so wasn't really up to plowing through a lot of stuff. Should have gone for a walk after supper - need to get myself out of a rut and back on the road - soon.
 The moon was on it's way to bed over the Park.
 Playing in the brier patch seems to be a regular Wednesday morning event for me lately.
 He was singing his little heart out - think he's looking for a wife!
 Windows in the Barrel Factory.
 The lighthouse appeared to be "floating".
 It was pretty looking across at the Park.
 Mergansers were having breakfast in the Harbour.













Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment