Saturday, March 22, 2014

Day 81 - 22nd March 2014 - Ice, Water, Crocus' and Clouds

Slept well and long last night - yah! Temperature is -0.4 this morning, not bad at all. I have no idea what we are going to do today. Groceries and dropping off our income tax stuff to Mom are on the top of the list. Larry wants to cut wood. Not sure if we will escape somewhere today or tomorrow. I have in my mind a trip to Hemeon's Head this weekend - maybe see if we can search out some Purple Sandpipers. Usually there are a few ducks around there as well. Guess we'll see where the day and the weather takes us.
Got down to the nitty gritty and did the spring cleaning upstairs today. A job well done. Lexi and I roamed the hood and I even got out on my own once - although there wasn't much around. Wind was kind of chilly and the sun spent a lot of time hiding behind clouds so I decided against yard work. Long range forecast of a Wednesday Nor-easter kind of put cleaning the yard up to the back of my mind as well. It was mild enough that I didn't build a fire in the furnace until mid afternoon. I was surprised to see Beaverfarm Lake totally ice free in the afternoon, the channel is getting bigger in Lake Deception but not yet ready to be all clear. A few more windy days and the ice will move down the river I hope.
 Broken ice in the puddles looks like shattered glass.
 The sun was trying to come through.
 A deer print in the road.
 More than a few of these little guys around.
 What is wrong with people - can't they take their friggin' trash home? Do they really think we want it in our front yards and ditches or are they just plain stupid!
 The sun spent a lot of time behind the clouds yesterday.
 They are growing!

 Finally I have a flash of color.
 Crocus' are breaking out.
 A few more days and they will be in bloom.
Beaver farm lake is free of ice, now if our lake would just come clean.










Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment