Sunday, March 16, 2014

Day 75 - 16th March 2014 - Spring Bulbs, Chickadees and Ice

Another too early morning for me. 3:30 am my eyes popped open and wouldn't close again - headed downstairs with my kobo, made coffee and finished my book. So by 6 am I've drank more coffee than normal and feel somewhat wired but tired. It will be a long day. Temperature is +1.4, moon is full tonight which accounts for the brightness when I looked out the window earlier even though I could see dark clouds scurrying across the sky and stars. Hopefully if the weather and temperature holds we'll head to Cape Island today for a brief excursion - if we are lucky we'll spot the Brant Geese. Date day - or at least our idea of one.
We made the mad dash to town for groceries yesterday morning, stopped in to Mom and Dad's (forgot to take my income tax stuff which is all sorted and ready to be done) and then home again. Lunch and Larry got ready to go to the funeral in Lockeport. I decided to take a chance on the weather and go with him, hoping the rain would hold and I could escape to the beach for an hour or so. No luck - started raining before we got there so I spent some quiet time in the truck with my Kobo. Oh the rain stopped for a short time just before he came back. Oh well made headway on my book. But no photos.
The good news - most of the snow has left the yard - just a few patches here and there.
 More activity in the flower beds.

 For ever fine day there is a better chance of the icing leaving the lake. I can hearing it moaning and groaning.
 Even the ditches are giving it up.
 Seems to be more and more Chickadees around.
A few green onions left in Larry's garden.










Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment