Saturday, March 1, 2014

Day 60 - 1st March 2014 - More Snow, Clouds and Shadows

Here we are at the third month of the year. I'm hoping to see a little spring before too long, although it's looking colder for the next few days. It's -18.6 which is probably one of the coldest nights we've had. No wonder Larry wanted me to turn the fan off when I got up. Yes I'm still sleeping with the window open and most nights I can get away with it, the fan on. Off for groceries this morning. Larry's got to put some more wood in the basement - starting to get low, so I hope it warms up a bit later today. Seems we've burned a lot but I think that every year. I'm thinking pizza for supper so guess I'll be whipping up pizza dough when we come from town. Would be a good day to go somewhere but I don't see that in the cards.
Am really tired of taking "winter" photos when Lexi and I walk the hood these days. The snow was pretty on all the trees yesterday morning but I think like most people I'm tired of it. I started a bit of the spring cleaning  - ugh seems I just did the fall cleaning. I won't be so indepth as I was in November. I can't believe how quickly the dust and cobwebs return. Will do a little more next week and before you know it, it will be done and Spring Warblers will have arrived (or that's my hope).
 We had a bit of a blizzard yesterday morning, not sure if the Starling is taking cover or trying to get the suet.
 Everything was a winter wonderland again.

 I like the shadows of this poor leafless tree.
 Don't fool yourself - those clouds might look pretty but it was darn cold out.
















Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Laundry. Dust and cobwebs which appear to have constructed intricate condominiums...Ughhh all and all not a bad day. Up too early on a Saturday and was ready for a cat nap. I looked at the clock and it was just noon ;)

    ReplyDelete