Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Day 63 - 4th March 2014 - Windfalls, Birds at the Feeder and a Hawk

Still in the deep freeze! Temperature is -14.4 this morning, stars all out though if that's a good sign.  Suppose to warm up a tad today but nothing like we really want. I meant to make cookies yesterday for Larry's lunch box but I forgot so better put that to the top of my to do list today. I got so wrapped up in research it slipped my mine until almost supper time. Hopefully today I'll work a little more on the research, need to look up a few things in town when I go this week to call it done.
What a fabulous sunset last night and me without my camera. On the way to exercise the whole sky was lit up with crimson shades, Lois wouldn't turn around and go back for my camera so I just will enjoy it as a memory. I spent most of the day doing research, got one project just about done. Lexi and I roamed a couple of times but I'm getting tired of wondering if ice is under that layer of snow and walking careful. The woods are easier to manage however.  Cooked a nice roast for supper, being on the lazy side, potatoes, carrots and bean went in the roast pan too. Can't believe we are still eating vegetables from the garden. The carrots aren't frozen, larry put those in a tote box with sawdust in our cold room and they've kept all winter. They sure taste good.
 The trees are all dipped in snow once again.
 Lots of windfalls this winter.
 The nieghbour has a lot of cleaning up to do.

 This barrel is usually filled with Impatiens all summer.
 The Chickadees seem to be multiplying. Occasionally I hear them singing their spring song.
 A good reason the birds all scattered, this Hawk was flying overhead. I was sitting in the kitchen window with my camera and caught him. We have a lot of hawks go over the house, must be part of the runway!
 The Juncos are still hanging out too.
Looking proud.















Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Jacki phoned me last night on her way home from a tutorial and could not believe how red the sky was. Of course i have not heard from her much since last Thursday :) Hope you gotthe cookies made and are having a pretty good day. It is cold outside but that sun has some heat to it.

    ReplyDelete