Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Day 84 - 25th March 2014 - Wind Chimes, Gates and Water

Another chilly morning - temperature is -9.8. Finally they've posted the big red "Blizzard/Storm Surge" Warnings on all the weather sites. Sounds like this might be the storm of the season or as some are referring to it a "Bomb". I filled some juice containers up with water and put them in the freezer. They will help to fill it and keep it colder in the event of a power outage. I'm off to town today to do more normal Wednesday stuff, when I get home I'll get the rest of things ready - phone, etc charged up. Lights, candles, etc I keep in a tote box so they are all in one spot and easily accessed. If I'm energetic when I get home tonight I might make a soup for the next few days.
Had a good morning in town Monday but very cold. Thought I might roam around town while I was waiting to get my hair cut and find a few birds but not too be, I guess it was even too chilly for them. A really good hairdresser does your hair and then drives  you home - got the house warmed back up, ribs marinated and cooked for supper, then Lexi and I had a roam around the hood. Exercise class last night - another good workout. There are still a few of us left that haven't gone south this week.
 We are getting more water and less ice.
 Guessing today`s wind took more as well.
Still a bit of ice/snow in the swampy areas.
 Looks like a Merganser out near the reef in the harbour.
 These wind chimes were tingling away on this verandah.
 Soon the museum will be open again for the season.
 Some buds on the lilac bush.
 Not sure if they will bloom before the storm on Wednesday.
 A sprig which has seen a better day.
Finally got our new composter set up on the weekend.

















Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment