Thursday, March 13, 2014

Day 72 - 13th March 2014 - The Harbour, Song Sparrow and Northern Mockingbird

No complaints about the temperature this morning, it's + 10.8 - guess I'll save some wood today, won't need a fire until supper time at least. Suppose to dip down this evening, with all this water things will be slippery. Guess the rain is going to knock off sometime later this morning. I think it will be a day mostly inside til the rain stops then Lexi and I will roam and see how much rain came down and snow left. Hard to see anything in the dark. I've got more research to tackle that I want done by next week. Exercise class tonight.
Not a bad Wednesday - one step forward two steps back but overall got some stuff done. Lots of birds twittering around in town early in the morning - next week if it's fine I'll roam a few more streets, peek in a few more yards and see if I can find something really interesting. Lunch at the Beandock - always good, ran into my good friend Irene so had a chat with her and finished off the day with a visit to Tam while I waited for Larry to pick me up. And I must say - I love comments on my blog, however, I don't enjoy religious tirades, nor do my readers - so sorry fellow but you got deleted and moved to spam.
 Light and clouds looking east over the treeline in town.
 Soft hazy morning on the harbour.
 Spied this Song Sparrow among some briers and bushes. One of the town workers thought I was a bit nuts as I began to edge my way in.
 A few Mallards along the edge of the Harbour.

 Northern Mockingbird - saw him right in town. The camera was in my bag, had my tea, so quickly put that on the ground, hauled out my camera.
He waited patiently for me to get in position to get some shots.










Enjoy your day!

1 comment: