Monday, March 24, 2014

Day 83 - 24th March 2014 - Ice, Clouds, Mayflower Buds and Chickadees

Brrr...it's back to being cold again, temperature is -8.8 this morning. Did I mention it was snowing too - great way to start the week. Where did that come from. Heading in for a hair cut this morning, the expected Nor'easter on Wednesday has thrown my week out of wack again. I had man an appointment for Wednesday after I finish my volunteering and naturally that's not going to happen. I'm feeling like a shaggy dog so it has to go and my wonderful hairdresser who is also my cousin has offered to fit me in today. So all is good with the world. Some days it doesn't take much to make me happy. Hopefully these snow flurries will stop and I can roam around town - maybe check out a few yards for birds.
Got a nice long walk in around the hood Sunday morning, but rather disappointing - not even a squirrel did I come across or hear. The forest was quiet except on the way back I could hear the sound of the chainsaw as Larry cut wood. The woodshed has it's first row started for next season. The weather was quite nice in the morning, warmed up but then the afternoon brought snow flurries and hail again. Not much and the sun returned. Larry cooked up clam fritters and fries for supper - boy were they good. Two geese flew over the house last evening heading to the other lake. Wonder if William and Kate have come home.
 That thin layer of ice on the ditches now look like feathers or stained glass.
 Miles and miles of clouds over the lake.

 Tucked in beneath those leaves are mayflower buds.
 Each day I see a little more water and a little less ice.
 A fairy ring of fungi around the tree trunk.
 I can see his tongue!
Kiss me!















Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment