Friday, March 7, 2014

Day 66 - 7th March 2014 - Sunlight, Cold Mornings and a Snowy Owl

For all those heading to work this morning - it's Friday! Rah! Temperature is -19.1, no doubt it will get lower. The good news is it's gong to warm up some for the next few days. Do I hear birding calling my name on the weekend - lets hope so. Have to put some more wood in the basement but maybe I can squeeze Sunday for an outing. Today, looks like housework and finish off the research I started Monday - got the answers I needed yesterday to fill in some blanks.
My last day of complaining about the weather. I've come to the conclusion that no matter what you say it doesn't do any good, but like all good Canadians it's the one thing that we can be miserable about - cold, snow, rain, heat. Yup we have 4 seasons and get it all especially in Nova Scotia.  It did warm up yesterday afternoon, the sun is gaining strength but we still came home to a house that was +11.5. I was not happy. Had coffee with my besties at 4 pm. It's been way too long since the three of us "sistas" have been able to catch up together. Like witches at the cauldron.
 The sun shot through the trees making bubbles of light.
 Shadows in the yard.
 Looking down the path as the sun shines on the trees.
 The sky was so clear it was easy to see planes going by, wonder if they are headed back to Halifax from a trip to a warm, sunny climate.
 Lots of bling and color on this branch.
 Still and cold.
 Unfortunately this Snowy Owl is still in Town. A couple of the girls alerted me to his perch and I was able to get some photos.
I'm concerned about his health, think he looks thin and a bit too docile. Crows were tormenting him as well.









Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment