Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Day 64 - 5th March 2014 - Chickadees, Forsythia and the Lake

Did we wake up to the snowstorm nobody called for? Looks like we have about 6 inches down already and it's still coming down - that fine snow which loves to build up. School is cancelled and that's my sign to stay home too. There have been a lot of snow Wednesdays this year. Guess Lexi and I will be roaming the hood in snow today - hopefully this is the last one.
I didn't think I would ever get warm yesterday, the cold just seem to go right through you. I know it was Pancake Tuesday, but I was craving some soup - that heats you from the inside out and smells so good as it simmers a good portion of the day on the stove. I made chicken, rice and veggies and it was good. Even better leftovers! I did make cookies for Larry's lunch too. Had a good chat on the phone with my cousin, love catching up with him. So part of the day was in the kitchen, the rest of the day - research work and around the hood with my girl.
 Lexi and I saw this little guy when we were out for our walk. He co-operated and I was pleased with the photos.

 I think he's studying his toes.
 The Mourning Doves seem to be pairing off.
 Brown and crumpled but I like the texture.
 I think it's Forsythia, maybe I should snip a few twigs to bloom in the house.
 Rhododendron.
 You would never believe it was so cold by looking at the sky and lake.
The swing waits for warmer days.














Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment