Sunday, March 2, 2014

Day 61 - 2nd March 2014 - Blue Skies, Melting Snow and Woodpeckers

Stars aren't out this morning, they were last evening but they are giving a bit of rain/snow this morning so chances aren't that's why. Temperature is -2.3, a slight difference from the freezing temperatures we felt yesterday morning when we woke up. Sunday and I'm letting Larry sleep in, well good chance he doesn't want to get up at 5 - 5:30 am anyway. Time to get our things together for income tax time and see what else I have to wait for - probably RRSP receipts as they never come in time from the banks. I can usually count on 1-2 of those strolling in later this month. Sounds like a fun project for a Sunday. It shouldn't take too long I try to shove everything in an envelope as it arrives.
It really warmed up yesterday, the sun is gaining it's strength - so nice, just wish the rest of the weather would perk up. Would have been a good day to head to the coast and hunt for ducks and birds but it was also a good day to put wood in the basement - the wood won out. I took a long walk around the hood - pretty quiet, heard the odd chickadee but that was about all. Had tea and a chat with Lois, nice to catch up.
Bright and sunny, fluffy clouds in the sky now if we could just free up that ice.
 I did a few black and whites today.
Melting snow.
From the downspout!
Snow coat.
 Lois had a male Downy Woodpecker at her suet.
 I had a female in my feeder.
 Sun setting over West McKay Lake.












Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment