Thursday, March 27, 2014

Day 86 - 27th March 2014 - Sharp-shinned Hawk, Beach and the Last Storm of the Winter

Still windy out there but nothing like yesterday, temperature is -3.5 but looks like it will be a lot warmer the rest of the week. Rain on the way beginning on Friday. Lexi and I will get out in the hood today and check things out. Guessing we won't be going through the woods too much as I'm sure there's lots of drifting. Really hard to tell how much came down. Today most people will shovel out and return to work. I have to laugh we have internet during a hurricane/snowstorm but on a fine July day it goes out - absolutely no rhyme or reason to the system we have.
Several times Wednesday I kept thinking we were having a lazy Sunday - for some reason it felt like a weekend not a weekday. We made it through the day with just a few power flickers, luckier than some. Even managed to get brown bread rolls made to go with the soup. Both were good and we munched all day. I spent most of the day playing on the computer, had a short nap to recuperate from my early morning with Lexi on the sofa after lunch. She and Larry had gone back to bed in the morning - the weather plays havoc with his arthritis.  It was as wild as it could be - everything and then some of what was forecast. Nova Scotia knows how to throw a party! Of course not a day for photos and to be honest I didn't much feel like taking blowing snow pics. Although was lucky enough to look out the kitchen window at the right time and see a Sharp-shinned Hawk having lunch. Not sure who - but too big for one of my little feeder birds. I took a chance after supper that the power would hold and had a nice long soak in the tub.
 Not great photos but here he is - Sharp-shinned Hawk.
I felt rather sorry for him it was blowing so hard he had a hard time flying and carrying his dinner.











 A few leftover from better days.
Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment