Saturday, March 15, 2014

Day 74 - 15th March 2014 - Birds, Squirrels, Sunlight and Daphne

Every morning this week I've slept until 5:30-6 am, this morning it's 5 am - I must have adjusted to the time change. Those later morning were nice. Mild this morning, temperature is -0.3 - it just bobs up and down. Stars and moon were out last night it was a beautiful clear evening but this morning it's all cloud covered again. Nothing sparkles in the sky. Going to be a busy day - groceries and a visit to my Dad for his birthday this morning, then Larry has a funeral to go to this afternoon.
Friday turned out to be a pretty nice day, little cool but sunny just the same. Larry didn't have to work so we kind of had a lazy day home together. Good news - he goes back to the Boat Shop on Monday. He's happy, I'm happy, life is good! I finally see some good coming to the end of the winter - yes I believe spring is coming and I don't care what the weather experts say! I'm primed and ready for it.
 Starlings were around early - grubbing up while it was snowing, but they didn't stay long.
 A little sunlight ventures through the snow clad trees.
Thought I'd check out Lois' feeders on my walk... squirrel....
 ... squirrel...
 and yet another squirrel. So all her feeders were filled but not with birds. This one looks awful fat.
 More bulbs coming through, even though there was a bit of snow still around.

 The Chickadee was playing coy with me.
 Then he was just rude!
 Daphne bush is beginning to bud out - one of the first bushes to bloom.
 One of these things is not like the others.
Goldfinches arrived before supper.











Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment