Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Day 78 - 19th March 2014 - A Morning Adventure at Roseway River Cottages

It's Wednesday, temperature is -9.8 and my town day. Hoping to get some things finished up so I can say the end to them and move on to others. Another month and I'll probably be going back to work - no more free time. Seems like last fall when I was laid off would last forever but it never does and I don't seem to get all the things done that I plan to do. Some how I get distracted.
Tuesday morning was great - got to haunt a different hood. Nice change of scenery. I visited with Char at Roseway Cottages - just a few minutes from town. They have five rental cottages nestled in the woods along the Roseway River. Perfect place to stay and wander around. Each cottage has a fabulous view of the River, are cozy and comfortable - everything you want for vacation or a get away. Char gave me the quick tour and then let me roam around on my own.  I crawled, laid on and climbed rocks, walked along the river edge, through the woods and truly enjoyed my morning escape - and of course took photos. I can't wait to go back during warmer weather when the leaves are out and get some more shots. The only thing with this time of year is there isn't a lot of color to add some pop appeal. Got home around noon, built the fire back up, walked Lexi and did some editing on the photos.
 There are some really cool tree roots from the sides of the river bank. Reminds me of the Drowned Forest on Cape Sable Island.
 I can picture a nice cup of hot tea, 6 am on a summer morning watching the river and wildlife.
 Who needs diamonds where you have natures Bling!
 The sparkle of the sun on the ice and water was just beautiful.

 The river was rushing - love this.
 A few small pieces of ice was coming down from the lake far above. They work their way through the river branches moving along.

That foam that squeezes up between the rocks along the banks.












 Two of the cottages - perfect for a summer vacation or a winter escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment