Friday, March 21, 2014

Day 80 - 21st March 2014 - Sunrise and Purple Finch

Mild morning, stars are all out, temperature is 0.1. It's Friday and the last day of the work week, weekend is just around the corner. Roads might be a tad slippery this morning with all the water on the road from yesterday - drive to work with care. Back to some spring cleaning, but since it looks like a fine day you'll probably find Lexi and I roaming the hood and outside as much as possible.
I was certainly glad that I made the effort to get myself out yesterday morning and catch the sunrise. Most of the day was torrential rain! Lexi and I did manage a good walk around the hood early without getting too wet, during the afternoon it was a different story. She moved pretty quickly so we weren't too badly off. On wet days she's just as happy to lounge around, we even tried for a nap in the afternoon after my early morning but no sleep for me. It was nice to be curled up with my book and her for a while on the sofa though on a miserable afternoon. Exercise class last night - will I ever become coordinated ? Probably not!
 I was a little early, but waited. It was so calm and peaceful.
 The colors of daylight began to appear.

On my way home, I turned around and looked - the sky appeared to be on fire.


















 This was one of my favourites, but I'm a sucker for grasses.
 The White-breasted Nuthatch is becoming a regular visitor these days.
My first Purple Finch of this year. Hard to get good photos from the kitchen window with hard rain.












Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment