Friday, March 28, 2014

Day 87 - 28th March 2014 - After the Storm - Snow, Woodpecker and Crocuses

Friday, another week coming to an end as well as another month almost over. Temperature is -1.8 and rain on the way for most of the weekend, at least the temperatures will be mild for a while. Maybe in the next few days this snow will disappear again, but it's the snow of our childhood that you can walk across the top of - firm and crusty so it may take a while. Warm days and rain may do the trick, then I can return to searching for Mayflowers.
The wind finally died out last evening. It continued to gust most of the day but nothing like Wednesday. I went out for a walk early to see how things looked - road was slippery at that time and the private road I travel on was just getting plowed - by a tree farmer. Have to haul out the big equipment for the drifts that were there. Mostly Lexi and I hung out around the house - doing the usual. We roamed around the yard and through the woods some - hard walking there through the deep snow - then hardly any snow. Had some pesto I had made last fall with an over abundance of  basil in the garden in the freezer. Some fettuccine, chicken tossed in pesto made a nice change. Exercise class last night - the usual hurtin' good workout.
 Guess I won't be enjoying this seat for a while.
 The Woodpecker was chowing down at Lois' this morning.

 I was sure the wind yesterday would have emptied the lake of the rest of the ice - but no luck.
 I could believe the crocus' were still holding their own and up beyond the snow.
 This one looks like it will be pretty when it blooms.
A few tulip leaves and daffodils were poking their heads through too.
 The Chickadees are no doubt the cutest around the yard.
 The small trees wore snow coats in the woods.
We had some wave action from the roof.










Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Some very nice photos there Sista!! The chickadees are gowing on me. I love the new grouwth peaking up through the snow!! My roof is repaired :)

    ReplyDelete