Saturday, March 8, 2014

Day 67 - 8th March 2014 - Sky, Berries, Lake and Sunset

Temperature is -1.9, which is  a lot better than it has been this week. A few mild days ahead. Thank goodness. I slept in a little this morning - ah it's Saturday so may as well. Larry & Lexi of course are still in bed. They are the night owls in the family. At least it will be a god day to put wood in the basement. We've gone through quite a bit this winter - more than the last few, hopefully we have enough to get us through.  Sometime today I'll make my pilgrimage to the grocery store.
Well it eventually warmed up yesterday, although felt like it took all day to get the house to a decent temperature. I puttered around inside when Lexi and I weren't roaming the hood. The sun felt good when you were outside. Amazing how quickly the snow melts. Don't get me wrong we still have too much in the yard and through the woods but it's easy to manage.
 I can never resist a little sparkle from the snow.
 There is still snow in the woods but it's shrinking as the sun hits spots.
 Looking up all I see is blue skies and tree limbs.
 The berries and leaves look so bright and fresh, hard to believe they are surrounded with snow.
 Lexi travelling along, it's good to give her some off leash time to explore.
 If the snow would leave all the yard I could get these phlox stems cleaned up. I leave them in the fall as the birds will finish up whatever seeds are left.
 With longer days I can get out after supper for a walk, lake was pretty last evening.
Sometimes as the sun goes down it's hard to tell the difference when it rises.
















Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment