Thursday, January 9, 2014

Day 9 - 9th January 2014 -Across the Harbour, White-throated Sparrows and Boats

I'm getting later every morning. Temperature is -7.2, the next few days look milder. I feel like I'm becoming a bear - gaining weight and sleeping more during the winter months. I won't complain about the sleeping as there are a good many times I don't sleep at all. The weight is another whole story - got to stop eating and get some of that back off. Looks like it will be a good day to haunt the hood and see what's happening. A good long walk if it's not too slippery underfoot. Have some research to finish up and by the looks of things a bit of housework. That should fill the bulk of the day.  Exercise class tonight.
Wednesday was a pretty good day. Nothing extreme one way or the other - which is kind of the way I like things.  Managed to get some stuff done, sort through some other things and get an idea of what is next on the list. A few errands in town and was home shortly after 4 pm. Was nice to have lunch at the Beandock - I got a gift certificate for Christmas so all is good and I got to catch up with friends along the way.
The Park looks lonely and quiet these days.
 From the Point looking towards the Park.
 So I got Larry to take me to a know "Cardinal" neighbourhood so I could creep feeders from the trunk. No luck today. Lots of White-throated Sparrows though.
 Looking across at the Wharf.
I really like these feeders, should see if Larry can make me one of them.













Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment