Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Day 28 - 28th January 2014 - Woodpeckers, Chickadees, Leaves and Moss

Another nippy morning, temperature is -6.6 and the stars are all out. In a few more months it will be daylight again early in the morning. I suspect that if you are driving or walking it's probably slippery  so be careful. After the rain we had yesterday and then of course cold temperatures again, well you know. I did the Penguin  walk yesterday morning on my walk in some places. It was just easier than landing on my butt and breaking either me or my camera. On the return trip I hit the woods - it was easier going.   Today I've got that one application to finish off, so my brain will be jammed up with that most of the day.
I think Larry had a pretty good birthday, nothing exciting but maybe after a certain point it's just nice to have some time to relax. I spent most of the day on the computer trying to be brilliant, not sure how that actually went but I only have one application left to do and hopefully will finish today.  I did get some laundry done and made a pretty tasty birthday supper of scallops and lobster, and of course some of the ice cream we made Sunday for dessert.  Thank goodness it was exercise class night to work that off.
 I look forward to the Hairy Woodpecker checking in. Guess I better fill up his suet again.
 The grasses have had a hard winter.
 You can always find a Chickadee.
 Snow covered moss.
 All the wind and snow we've had and this leaves hold tight.
 Birch bark peels away.
A little Linguine with lobster and scallops.












Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment