Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Day 29 - 29th January 2014 - Ice, Lake and Birds Nest

Wednesday and normally my to town day but they are giving some snow (10-15cm) so I'll keep myself home. Tomorrow sounds better, it's not like I have to go. Temperature is -8.2 and has started snowing at 5:30 am. So if I'm staying home, guess that a strong case for housework - yuk, might as well do it and get it over with. Will spend a little time doing research. Hopefully I'll get out around the hood.
Didn't warm up much yesterday, maybe -5. Got my grant applications done, except a last read over and printing them off  and signatures - one gets mailed, one hand delivered. Managed to get my walk in - tackled the woods - easier walking through snow than on ice. Most anywhere that is gravel/dirt is a lot of ice now.  So I did a bit of housework after that and pulled out my Kobo to finish my book. I need a little more excitement in my life!
 The Amaryllis is almost fully open and adds some color to the kitchen.
 A little sparkle on the trees.

 My self portrait. Taken in a truck cap.
 It was clear and bright on the lake.
 Lois' Wisteria has stretched out and upward.
 Cracked Ice, but it's frozen over again.

 Along the lake.
The Chickadees are cute to watch.
I'll keep my eye open and see if this nest gets reused this year.











Enjoy your day!

1 comment: