Sunday, January 26, 2014

Day 26 - 26th January 2014 - Blue Jays, Woodpeckers and the Lake

Up early, it's our turn to work the monthly breakfast at our Fire Hall. We set the alarm last night for 5:30 am, I truthfully can't be trusted to wake up when I need to anymore since becoming so lazy and sleeping til 6 am most morning. Although I was surprised I woke up at 5:26, but I didn't really want to get up. Thank goodness for alarms! It's usually a pretty busy morning, especially if the weather is decent. Larry says there are a few flurries coming down. Rained over night, so I'm guessing the roads are a tad bit slippery. Temperature is +1.1. I have no idea what the afternoon will bring.
Saturday was mostly an in house day. Tidied up around, floors, dusting, all that fun stuff, and then I moved on to research and tried to get a few things caught up in that direction. Planned to finish off a grant application but the government website was down so gave that a miss. I still had a few sore muscles from Friday's trek. The best thing I could have done was gone for a good walk but got tied up with that stuff and didn't - big mistake! A lazy evening and a fairly early night.
 I like this shot, you can see the corn kernel that he's grabbed.
 The Hairy Woodpecker was in and out two or three times.
The Blue Jay got quite a surprise when he saw the Woodpecker at the suet.
















 The moon is getting smaller.
 Mornings over the lake are peaceful no matter what time of year.














Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment