Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day 12 - 12th January 2014 - Chickadee and Goldfinches

Temperature is +9.7 - isn't that crazy for January.  At least the weather alert is over, the rain should stop sometime late this morning, noon time. I was up for a couple of hours during the night - my first bad night in a while and normally I don't hear the wind here but you sure could - maybe partly because everything else in the house was so quiet. She was a blowing, that's for sure. I am definitely going for a walk when it clears, probably be muck up to my eyes on the side of the road and dirt roads but really need to get out and move it. Have to do more than I did yesterday. Hopefully I'l find something new to photograph.
Ugh it was a yucky day on Saturday. Rain, fog, mist not a day to be outside, but an inside day. So I puttered around with some housework, watched the birds at the feeder from the kitchen window, then curled up with my book and a cup of tea and read.  I probably could have been a little more ambitious and done more but some days that's just how she flies.
 The Chickadees are so cute in the yard, darting around with so much energy they remind me of the Hummingbirds in the summer.

 A bright spot in the yard was the number of goldfinches - we counted over 50 in the flock.
 They are rather cool to watch as they start in the tree tops and gradually move in layers lower and lower from trees to shrubs til they are around the feeders.
 Just hanging out.
 It wasn't a very pleasant day on the fence.
Some of them had decided to feed right next to the kitchen window so I could get in quite close. After a few minutes with no sudden movements they ignored me.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment