Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Day 297 - 23rd October 2013 - Fog, Pink skies, Robin and the Geese

Had a better night, except it was really warm, temperature is +9.4. Suppose to be another fine day. Not sure what today will bring, hopefully all good things. Have a few errands to run, etc. Nothing terribly exciting but will be nice to catch up with a few people.
Tuesday was not a great day in the kitchen for me. Really unusual, since normally I'm a pretty good baker.  I had decided on the cursed pie crust and that's where the trouble started. My whoppie pies did not turn out either. I was rather frustrated with the whole morning. I've decided from now on I'm buying the pre-made frozen pie crusts; there are some things in life that aren't meant to be and that's one for me. Did a bit more cleaning but didn't quite get all I wanted done, Lexi and I opted for a nap in the afternoon on the sofa. I could feel that early morning headache coming on and thought that might avert it. Felt better when I woke up. Larry of course said there was nothing wrong with the pie and ate some after supper with relish! You know after almost 30 years he knows the right things to say and do. Had some showers late in the afternoon, early evening but then it cleared.

 A glow of pink through the very foggy morning.
 Through the trees the sun began.

 A bright orb reflecting in the lake.





Another morning Robin.
The babies returned yesterday just before lunch.
They aren't quite as friendly as their parents and that's a good thing - too many hunters around these days.












Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment