Thursday, October 17, 2013

Day 291 - 17th October 2013 - Flowers, Leaves,Docks Street

So I looked twice at the temperature gauge this morning - +17.6, actually warmer outside than in. Balmy weather for October, suppose to clear later. Guessing with the wind and rain the trees will be pretty sparse now, most of the leaves will have gone. Wonder if any stray birds flew in; checking that out later. Today I'm going to kick start myself and begin the purging and cleaning that I didn't do on Tuesday. Spare room here I come! Other than that nothing urgent on my list of things to do, pay a few bills and roam the hood. Works for me.
I did manage to to get things done in town yesterday. Rained a bit in the morning, then of course on the way home. It always does when you get home and have to convince Lexi to go out. I leave that to Larry, while I tackle supper. Leftovers last night - my favourite meal. I like to cook but really prefer and 1 for 2 night meal, especially if I've been gone all day. Larry built a fire and it was a curl up watching TV, playing scrabble on line and just being lazy kind of evening.
So it takes a little getting use to taking photos around town instead of the hood. Still color at the Park but it's closed for another season to campers, but always a great place for walkers.
 I like the look of this door - weathered.
 So I peeked in a few yards - still flowers blooming, not many here in the country. We get frost earlier.

The top of the Old Post Office, unfortunately the Clock doesn't work any longer. The building is so lovely - built of local granite, shame someone wouldn't do something with it.
 Dock St. was quiet, museums are closed for the season as well I think.
 A quiet spot to spend some time.
Bright colors here.

















Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment