Saturday, October 5, 2013

Day 279 - 5th October 2013 - More Autumn Colors and another Misty Morning on the Lake

It's saturday, temperature is a little cooler each morning I get up, +5.7. Still above 0 so that's pretty good. Larry built a fire last evening in the furnace to take the chill off, this time of year it's good to have one every few evening to warm the house back up. I guess I've got some housework to do today. Will go out later this morning and haunt the hood - never know what I might find. I had kind of given up hope on the Warblers but appears there may be a few strays going through. We'll head to the Park and spend the evening with friends.
The week ended well. Didn't quite get the research I was working on done, but it won't take long on Monday, then I have a few others to clean up next week. Sun came out nice and warm. Quiet day overall, not so many people travelling these days. Stopped and did our grocery shopping before we came home. Thought I might as well get it over with. I always expect Sobeys to be busy between 4:30 and 5:00pm with people picking up things on their way home, but I never can understand why those who are retired and have all day to shop do it then. Larry tells me it's a social thing - I can see that but people I'm trying to get home not stand and chat in the aisles. Just my pet peeve.  Yesterday morning I could hear the rooster up the road going cock-a-doodle-do and an Owl not far away would then reply Hoot, Hoot, Hoot.
 Another beautiful morning on the lake with mist and fall colors.


Not a great pic, but I'm not sure who this little guy is. Must be passing through.












The oak leaves are turning now too.













Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment