Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Day 282 - 8th October 2013 - Trees, Leaves, Sharp-Shinned Hawk and Pumpkins

It's blowing a gale out there this morning but the wind has a warmer feel to it. Temperature is +19.9. Giving some raining ending late morning. Today I'm off to work for Elections Nova Scotia. It's been a number of years since I've worn the hat of DRO (deputy returning officer). I'm working in one of the polling stations - promises to be a very long day since the polls are open from 8am - 8pm. Have to be there an hour before and will take an hour (if we are lucky) to count ballots, balance etc.  I think voting is among our top priorities. My view has always been if you vote you can bitch, if not keep your mouth shut for the next 4 years. I know that's pretty blunt, but I call it as I see it. For we women, it's even more important since those before us spent a lot of time and energy fighting for our right to vote. Those are just my thoughts on that topic. This also means no photo taking for me today so it's hard to say what you will see and read tomorrow morning.
Well Monday started it out so so - drizzly and dark on my walk in the morning so photo opts weren't great. But then I got to Town and as I got out of Nancy's vehicle spied what looked like a Hawk in a tree on the waterfront. So what if I'm a few minutes late for work - right? I wasn't really, just not as early as I usually am. I had to get a couple of contractors to stay still for a few minutes while I tried for some shots, but they were good nature and humored me.  Manage to finish up the research I've been working on and get another underway before lunch as well as a few minor things. The afternoon fell apart somewhat but it was Monday after all. Cindy worked us hard at exercise class last night - what a slave driver she is!
 Some of the trees are getting bare.
 But still very pretty from a distance.

 Neighbours in the hood are in a festive mood.
 Not great photos but I think he's a Sharp-shinned Hawk.
 Might be eyeing up some pigeons in the area.
This guy was just strolling around the waterfront.













Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment