Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Day 269 - 25th September 2013 - The Lake, Woodpecker, Hermit Thrush and Chickadee

Wednesday and my day off has arrived, how sweet to see you. So I really have to buckle down and do some housework today instead of chasing birds all around the hood (will still do that but not for as long). Have company coming on the weekend and since it's only a few weeks away from my annual fall cleaning the house is beginning to look like a shambles. I've spent too much time outdoors and running the roads on adventures. I don't regret it one bit, time spent with my hubby, lots of new and old places visited and birds and other things found. Life is short, live each day to it's fullest. I also need to get out there a little earlier and catch some of those beautiful sunrises over the lake. Might even manage a few sunrises now that it sets a bit earlier too.
It was a  draining Tuesday afternoon, even though we saw people that we haven't seen for a while. Truthfully I would rather not have seen them under those circumstances. At some point we'll come to some kind of peace with what happen, but I believe it will take time. Rained off and on, hard at times in the afternoon. Funny but you knew all day it was coming, sky was overcast, air was damp and cold.  I sat out on the kitchen window seat after supper looking at the yard and the chickadees were buzzing around enjoying the suet. Such happy little guys, they can't help but put a smile on your face and help ease the sadness.
 More clouds over the lake.
 Reflections were nice.
 Depending on what cove or where you are, the lake looks different.
 And a punch of color.
 Might be a juvenile or female Hairy Woodpecker.

The Hermit Thrush is always a faithful visitor in the morning.
Not a great photo but glad to see the Chickadees back.



















Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment