Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Day 261 - 17th September 2013 - Morning on the Lake, Max and a Grasshopper

Stars are all still out, but it's definitely nippy - temperature is +5.8. That's a big change from the last few mornings. The harvest moon is this week (Thursday), you could see it last night above the trees - shining bright. The whole idea of a harvest moon was to add more light for the farmers to harvest by. It also means we could have a chance of frost and we are nearing the end of summer. Sad to say but it's true. Fall is my favourite season so lets hope it longs. I enjoy those crisp mornings and warm days. The only thing I don't like are the shorter days. I'm not thinking about the time change yet, still 1 1/2 months away from that. Work today, hoping for a better day and can cross another thing off my list as done.
Glad to have Monday over, it was kind of weird - like I thought I made it through Friday 13th  and then it reappeared. So long as it doesn't run into Tuesday I can handle it. Haven't seen any Hummingbirds for 2 days, still have the feeder out with a little bit in it for any strays that come through. Quiet on my morning walk, all I could call out was a squirrel and Max the cat. Guess that kind of put the end to birds looking my way. Exercise class last night - pyramids and they are just nasty and a very hard workout. Gets the old heart just a pumping that's for sure!
 I never get tired of looking at the lake in the morning.


 Of course my travelling companion Max.
He's a little dusty - thought he would get me to rub his belly while he rolled around on the ground.












These guys are pretty big this year.












Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment