Monday, September 23, 2013

Day 267 - 23rd September 2013 - Fudge, Frog, Birds and Leaves

Monday has rolled it's ugly head around again. I shouldn't say that, perhaps it won't be so bad, but no one likes the first day back after the weekend. The work week begins once again. We are also moving in to the end of another month. September is almost gone. Things are sort of in perspective again so I'm working on a fairly good day. Leg is feeling pretty good this morning so am hoping to get to exercise class tonight, depends on how it is at supper time.
A little something different from me. I promised someone I would share a fudge recipe with them so thought I might as well share with everyone - my Mother in Law gave it to me a number of years ago. I was never a great fudge maker but this was easy and it's a two layer fudge.  I've always just called it
Jean's Fudge
3 cups sugar
3/4 cup margarine
2/3 cup evaporated milk
6 oz chocolate chips
7 oz jar Kraft Fluff
tsp vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter

take 1 1/2 cups sugar + 6 tbls margarine + 1/3 cup evaporated milk - bring to a full boil, stir constantly  for 4 mins on med heat.
Remove from stove, stir in Chocolate chips till melted add 1/2 cup fluff + 1/2 tsp vanilla.
Pour into greased 8x8 pan.
Repeat with rest of ingredients and pour over chocolate layer in pan.
Blew a gale most of the day on Sunday but the rain held off until early evening. Larry worked in the woodpile - well he spent time putting it in the basement. I got some housework done, and roamed the hood - couldn't roam far or through rough terrain though. Leg still a little sensitive.  Took a drive to Upper Clyde late in the afternoon, the leaves are really turning there - love the colors. Had a great visit with friends, came home and Larry cooked clams and fries - oh they were so good.

 He let me get a picture before he disappeared.
 This little Song Sparrow was hiding in the grasses eating maple seeds.
 Seed pods are empty.
 Dragonfly.
 They may be noisy and greedy at the feeders but they are pretty.
 Irene's flowers.
And some of Barb's.
I couldn't believe how much more the leaves have turned in Upper Clyde.



















Beautiful shades of red, yellow and orange.












Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment