Sunday, September 8, 2013

Day 252 - 8th September 2013 - Sunrise, Warblers, Creeper and Woodpecker

Sunday seems to be my sleeping in day - 6 am. That's alright, one day/week is good, beats getting up in the middle of the night that's for sure. Temperature is back up to +15.4, different than yesterday morning. They are giving some showers today, so probably won't get too far. Sounds like it might be a day at home. Well there are lots of things to be done.  Have a roast out to cook for supper - gives me a jump start on Monday's meal. Hoping the rain will hold off long enough for me to get my walk in today or maybe we can roam somewhere else.
Saturday was a marvelous day. Got very little housework done, but I found lots of birds. All I've seen before but managed some better photos of a few, which made me happy. Once again I have to say what great neighbours are in the hood. Those that let me roam their properties to stalk birds and those that stop their vehicles and wait for me to take pics. They never rush me, only laugh at me. Of course they also never know when I could be snapping one of them from the bushes! We joined friends and family at a wedding in the afternoon - beautiful and I'm sure the couple will be happy for many years to come. Finally a gathering of happy times not sad, seems the only time we see many of them are at funerals these last few years. A bunch of us went to Scotia Lunch between church and reception to have coffee and share stories and laughter.
 The day started with the sun rising over the mist on the lake.
 Not one of my best but - a Black-throated Green Warbler.
 Common Yellow-throated Warbler playing hide and seek with me.
 Swamp Sparrow
 Yellow Rumped Warbler - Myrtle.
 Brown Creeper.
Palm Warbler.
Yellow-rumped Warbler - Myrtle.

 Downy or Hairy Woodpecker, I have trouble telling which is which.

 Chickadee - nice to see them around again.
 Myrtle again.
 He landed right down by my feet - Myrtle.
 Myrtle.
 I finally got some good shots of the Red-eyed Vireo - you can see his red eye.
 Palm Warbler.




















Red-eyed Vireo.












Enjoy your day!


No comments:

Post a Comment