Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Day 262 - 18th September 2013 - Woodpecker, Song Sparrow, Ducks and the Lake

Brrr, is it ever chilly this morning, temperature is +4.1, soon time for a frost. And it will soon be time to build a fire in the furnace, but am hoping we can put that off for another few weeks. Not much point on days that we are both working. The sun is suppose to shine and it will warm up after awhile. My day off, so will roam around the hood a little later this morning to see if there are any warblers left, haven't found any the last few mornings but I've been early and it's probably been too cool for them. Guess I better do some housework this morning, since I didn't get too much done on the weekend.
Tuesday certainly perked up. Got in to see my favourite Doctor, meds refilled for another year. Must be doing something right as this was the first time I've been to see a doctor since last October. RAH! Work went well, got another research report finished off and in the mail before  I left. Now I've got another one I'd like to get done by Friday. Still lots of other things on the go but those are my priorities for this week.
 The ducks seem to be gathering up more these days. They'll spend most of the winter in the river once the lake ices over, but that's not for a while.
 A female Hairy Woodpecker having breakfast.

 Song Sparrow.
 I liked to looks of the few leaves that have changed mixed with the others. If you look hard just above them you'll find a spider web among the branches.
 Fall brings bright berries.
The soft color of evenings light.
Reflecting in the lake.













Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment