Friday, September 13, 2013

Day 257 - 13th September 2013 - Raindrops, Sun over the lake and Humming Bird.

Friday here we are, temperature is +20.1. Looks like we had a bit of rain during the night, lots more to come today. Then we are on to sunshine for the next few days. I like the sounds of that. Welcome back to the lake Sandy am sure you will enjoy your visit. Last day of the work week, I'm looking forward to finishing it off. Nothing really planned for the weekend, sometimes that's the best way to go. Brunch with some of the exercise girls tomorrow I think to plan out what new equipment we will order. Or at least I think that's what I heard (the disadvantage of not hearing well and being at the back of the room).
Thursday was a warm day - well mostly humid, but sunny too. Quite a difference from the first of the week, you can feel the storm coming. The birds were all silent in the morning, couldn't coax one out, no matter how hard I tried. The day went well at work, couple more things off my list a few more added on. That's how it goes. Exercise class last night - grueling steps is all I've got to say!
Grandmother's Journal:
13th September 1974 - Bob & Mike here tonight, good fishing. Wish I had worked this week. Fran up tonite for weekend. Miserable weather - foggy and quite humid. No frost yet. No birds around. 
14th September 1974 - Up early to Yarmouth with Reg & Gertrude, Fran also. Home early around 4:30. Some rain showers. Bob, Bettie & boys here, Mike stayed. 
Kind of a strange looking sky yesterday morning. Sun was breaking through.

 No birds so I went with some rain drops, I do like how they hang off the trees.


 Gulls on the reef in the harbour.
 And there were a couple of Hummingbirds back at supper time. I'm assuming they are passing through, know they aren't my regular ones as they were more skittish about me being on the deck.
Leaves are falling.












Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Now I know you truly are a witch!! Thanks for Grandmother's Journal it sure is needed today. Oh to turn back the clock and go back in time!! Some things we would all do differently :) Have an awesome day and by the way you do not need an invitation to visit at the park.....:)

    ReplyDelete