Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Day 150 - 29th May 2013 - Ducks, Loon, Cedar Waxwings and Lady Slipper


Wednesday has rolled around and it's my day off. Giving rain for this afternoon so I'll be spending the bulk of the morning outside.  Up a little earlier than normal, I can see the red sky (not a good weather sign) over the lake. The big town wide yard sale is Saturday, I think I've got a box of stuff started for the Society's table. Last year it was a great fund raiser so hoping this year we do as  well. I don't see a whole lot of need to do things today so guess I'll just take it as it comes and go from there.
It was a beautiful day on Tuesday. Rather than waste or miss any of it, besides being inside working all day I left to meet Nancy 1/2 hour earlier than normal with my camera of course. Nothing better than seeing a family of Mallards, although I'm not sure who startled who, a loon and a few other male Mallards to start the day off right. It made working so much easier. Even better was coming home and finding the Cedar Waxwings had arrived. So hard to cook supper and get things done inside when you have distractions like this outside. I had started supper, Larry finished it while I ran with my camera. After supper I headed back out again, not a lot to report but it was a lovely evening. Larry and Lexi went to the garden to get some more planting done, with the weather this last week he hadn't gotten much planted.
 The babies were just a running across the water!
 The loon enjoyed the morning sun.
 Some startled Mallards.
 Cedar Waxwings.


Ladyslippers have begun to bloom.




















Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment