Saturday, May 11, 2013

Day 131 - 11 May 2013 - Birds and Blossoms

Saturday morning, thought it would be a good time to sleep in til maybe 6ish but no Miss Lexi has been barking again which woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep. I gave up and got up by 5am so my energy level will fade today that's for sure. Going to head off to Yarmouth but can't decide if it should be today or tomorrow, they are giving some sun/cloud this morning, then rain this afternoon. Would be nice to get a few things done as it looks like rain most of the week. Don't forget Mother's Day - that's tomorrow, so I also need to pick something up for Mom - usually I go with a hanging basket or planter of some sort. Begonias are among her favourite so I often find those.
Made it through Friday, lots accomplished, still a lot more to do before I can say that I'm caught up. Sun came out in the afternoon, although it was close and humid. Glad to get home and out for a walk after supper even if the blackflies were hanging off of me. Oh I wish they would leave soon. Saw a new bird for me - Palm Warbler. I've probably seen them in the past but I started a list of those I've seen/photographed at the first of the New Year so I can add it. Larry and Lexi went for their evening drive and run, after being in the house all day she appreciates some exercise and it means she wears off some of that extra energy she has.
 I think this may be the one building the next in the Honeysuckle.
 There is a seed bag on the other side of the fence post.
 Always a few Evening Grosbeaks around.
 Still waiting...
 Wild strawberry blossoms.
 Palm Warbler - pretty fellow.





















Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. I think I might have met you on your way hone from Yarmouth not sure. We had to take a truck to Pubnico and stopped at the Lobster Shack for supper. They were busy and I must say the seafood quesadilla was very good with a nice side salad. I have the house cleaned and fumigates. 24 hours have passed and no more mice ;)

    ReplyDelete