Friday, November 30, 2012

Day 335 - 30th November 2012 - Ice, Snow and Snowflake Cookies

Hard to believe it's the last day of the month. Temperature is -1.8. I woke up at 3:30am - yes way too early but when I looked out the kitchen window everything is covered in snow - this is the first real snowfall. A blanket of white over the deck, grass and trees sparkling in the moonlight. In a couple of months I'll be groaning - when is it leaving, but for now it was pretty and not too much. Decorations are going up today and I'll do up a list of gifts I still need to buy with some idea of what I want so I'm not aimlessly shopping this weekend.
Cold and windy yesterday, even had a few snowflakes floating around which of course put me in the mood to make snowflake cookies - sugar cookies actually cut like snowflakes with a glaze and a bit of clear sprinkles. Oh what a festive house! The majority of them go off to one of my nephews, some will go to the girls [gannets as I affectionately call them] and Larry will probably managed to munch down a few. Even got a few decorations up, Larry got the rest out for me while I was to exercise class. However, just before supper the County of Shelburne received bad news, the idiots in government decided to vote for the boundary change so come next election half of the county will be shoved in with Argyle and half will be tossed to Queens. I predict in 20 years we probably won't have a county called Shelburne at all. My rant for the day!
 On a more upbeat note [yes I'm up and down] - got a parcel card in the mail yesterday - could this be part of the 12 days of Christmas again?? Larry picked it up on the way home - he opened it but I told him he better wrap it up or I would be in it before Christmas. Many, many thanks Angelika and Bernie - I will enjoy them this winter and think of  you guys! Had a great work out,  a  slight road trip to town to the gym since the hall had no power. On our way back home the power truck had just arrived - some service!
Imagine my surprise when I saw ice and snow on the lake this morning.
Frozen in time, blades of grass.
The water table is low again.
Stripes of light as the sun shines through the trees on the ice.
I love the way the shadows play across the lake.
And the snowflake cookies fresh out of the oven.
Time for another coffee. Enjoy your day!
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Larry has arrived with our treats "thank you" nice photos I love the one of the grass :)

    ReplyDelete