Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 316 - 11 November 2012 - A Day to Remember

Sunday and Remembrance Day, I hope some of you are going to a service or at least taking a few minutes of silence at 11am to remember those men and woman who have fought on our behalf.

The temperature is -3.6 this morning, a wee bit chilly. I forced myself to stay in bed longer but all I did was toss and turn doze for 2-3 minutes and wake up again so I finally gave in and got up shortly after 5:30. For me I guess that's an accomplishment. Not sure what's on the agenda for today, I suppose Larry's got some outside work done as the forecast is for sunny. I'm definitely going to get out and around and take some photos. Will keep an eye on the sky this morning, maybe I can nip out and catch the sun rising.

We had a good day in Yarmouth - sort of. I guess I just go nuts when I get to a place that has more than one grocery store because I think I came home with a truckload of food. Bulk Barn was the first stop - two bags that I could hardly carry. Then we moved on to the regular stores - Canadian Tire, Walmart, etc. A stop a Superstore, then Sobeys and lastly Red and White.  I have to sort out the Bulk Barn purchases and put them away. I picked up a few Christmas presents but since I really have no idea what to buy anyone it really makes it difficult. Stopped to visit one of Larry's brothers and headed for home.
For such a little bird he looks like he's taken over the feeder - feet are braced and it's his!
A single head of decorative grass waves in the wind.
 
A Blue Jay gazes out over the lake.
Snack time!
They've got to be one of the more colorful birds.
Enough for now, time to finish my coffee. Enjoy your day!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment