Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Day 332 - 27th November 2012 - Gift from Afar, the Lake and Birds

Tuesday, temperature is definitely chilly out there at -5.7. Winter must be truly here, doesn't seem like we are going to get any mild mornings now. It's suppose to be sunny/cloudy today, so I think Lexi and I will take advantage of that if it's quiet out front. Perhaps we'll add another walk to our normal regiment or putter around the yard some. I should start adding the latest photos for the Society's on-line auction that we want to get started this week, easier to do it today and get it running. This will probably be the last one before Christmas.
Yesterday I did some baking, hemmed some pants and a bit of general work - laundry, etc. Nothing terribly exciting. Some days are like that but everyday can't be a blast. We had the war zone going on most of the day in front of the house again. When I see the big orange cones going out I know it will be noisy! Will be glad when the paving is done. Lexi is not a happy dog at all. Although I'm glad to be home with her when this is going on. I got a lovely gift in the mail from Sandy far away in Scotland. Sandy and I have never met but we share a common friend. Funny how I feel like I've known her forever, perhaps we share some Scottish roots since some of my family originally came from there over 225 years ago. Thanks again, I love the diary and the photos are beautiful.
Got a little camera shake going on when I took this, but the photos throughout it are fabulous. It makes me want to go now for sure.
.
It was nice on the lake, but cold.
This Blue jay was squawking at me from above. He was a bit ruffled and I wonder if he's not a young one.
Not snow but sand along the beach.
Looks like the water level has dropped a bit again.
A little Nuthatch peaking down from a high limb.
Well time to get things started. Enjoy your day!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment