Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 275 - 1st October 2012 - Ducks, Mist, A Gull and A Pumpkin

Too early for a Monday morning. Temperatures are still mild and I can hear rain dripping off the house - too dark yet to tell what's going on. It is suppose to clear, so fingers crossed. Lots to do at work today and exercise class this evening.

I am tired of the rain and another day I couldn't get out and walk with my camera! Yesterday was just plain miserable - rain and wind most all day. We finally broke down and built a fire in the furnace, everything is damp and cold feeling in the house even though the temperatures are mild. Had some company stop in the morning on their way from breakfast at the Hall, a nice visit. Other than that I was a dull girl. Not right up to par yesterday and I still don't feel good this morning, hope my tummy sorts itself out and I'm not getting a flu bug.
Time to check out Grandmother's Journal:

30th September 1972 -
Bob up early. Rainy over cast day. Kim and I up about 8 o'clock [I can't believe I ever slept that late!]Got some dessert ready for Sunday Had dinner. We went to town and I forgot my pills. Came right back. Met one car and a truck from Ohio. Being Saturday expected a lot of cars getting ready for hunting. No sign of bears. Picked a cup of strawberries. Real humid on the whole a quiet day. Bob still not feeling right. Keeps me upset.

1st October 1972 -
Rainy Day. Rained real hard in the night, woke us up. Looked for Ivy and Jim and they didn't come over. Bobbie, Bettie and kids came for supper. Mother came around 4:30. Didn't get fine all day. Started for Ohio, met Chester and Myrtle coming up so came back home.
Forty years earlier and it was raining as well. Seems their day wasn't any more exciting than mine. So I've had to go back through my photos and find something for today.
The ducks are like silhouettes early in the morning as they swim along the shoreline.
A frame of leaves from the tree hanging above my head.
Hints of pink and yellow in the sky as morning came through.
A single Seagull in the Harbour one morning.
The Great Pumpkin - probably not, but would make some child happy I'm sure.
Hoping things go smooth today and Monday passes quickly. Enjoy your day
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Grandmothers journal....how fitting and the weather so similar.....could not have picked a better day for some wise words from Grandmother....sort of like a warm blanket only the words create a bit of warmth...a bit of a sad day as we remember a young man who left a lasting impression in our hearts and then a lady who was such an Ambassador for Everything South Shore.....hope your belly soon starts feeling better

    ReplyDelete