Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 277 - 3rd October 2012 - Ducks, Spider Webs, Moon and the Lake

Wednesday, my day off and another morning that my eyes have opened too early. On a brighter note the stars are all out and hopefully it will be a nice day. It's baking day - Larry's colleague at work is complaining about the lack of cookies this week, so I guess I better whip up some chocolate chip ones this morning. Not sure if I'll do anything else to test out on the girls this week or not. Really need to get some work done around here and probably a nap will be in order this afternoon. Of course Lexi and I will be checking out the neighbourhood and lake. Hoping to find the geese back today.
Next week I start my fall cleaning - rah!! It's the time of year when I go through the whole house and clean, ceiling to floor. And I do some purging as I go. I rather look forward to this as by now I need some physical labour instead of mental labour. I pace myself and it takes about a month or so to do, but gives me a good feeling once it's all done. By then it's time to start the Christmas baking, etc.
Well I spoke too soon about my stomach - it wobbled and hurt most of yesterday. Thank goodness for Monique and her soda crackers! Although I'm getting tired of them. Anyway suck it up princess, lots of people are sicker. Other than that the day went well - researchers in the morning, the boss in the afternoon.
There were so many ducks in the lake yesterday morning.
Some flew off and some stayed.
Kind of reminds me of Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds" which really scares me and I can't watch so not sure why I enjoy these so much.
Nice big web hanging in front of the lake. They always amaze me so long as they are outside!
Just a shadow of the moon hovering over the harbour yesterday morning.
Another calm and beautiful evening on the lake.
So far my stomach seems to be holding it's own, so I might try another coffee. Enjoy your day!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos my dear....I may try and get you intoxicated then kidnap and take you to my house for some of that "cleaning"
    Hope you have ahad a productive day at home....mine has been totally confusing :)

    ReplyDelete