Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 276 - 2nd October 2012 - Canada Geese, Storm Clouds and the Lake

Tuesday, stars are still out most morning when I get up now, will be a long winter I'm sure. Should be a busy day, have things to finish up before Friday and researchers arriving from away. This is my last regular week before we go to winter hour.
I felt sick to my stomach all day yesterday. Finally headed to the pharmacy to see what they had. I came back with some ginger gravol [the regular stuff would have had me conked out on a table for the afternoon]. It seemed to have helped some and I maintained a diet of soda crackers and gingerale during the day. At least I feel somewhat human this morning again. I actually slept almost 9 hours last night so obviously something wasn't quite right.
Yesterday was also a very sad day as the news of the passing of a very dear lady arrived. She will be missed very much by most of Nova Scotia, especially the South Shore. Lynne was from Shelburne County and worked with Tourism for many, many years - as one person put it "The Godmother of Tourism". Family and friends were so important to her. Through Facebook we chatted or commented almost on a daily basis. The last time I saw her in person was at Harmony Bazaar in July, she introduced me to her granddaughter and you could see pride beaming in her face, and she told me about the inception of Harmony Bazaar. Good bye Lynne, you will be missed.
I was surprised and elated to see two visitors in the lake yesterday morning.



 
I hope they hang around for a while.


So majestic as they pose.
I'm looking forward to getting some good shots of them on Wednesday or the weekend.
No fog or mist yesterday morning.
The ducks didn't hang around. At some point I'll get my shutter speed up high enough to get good flight photos. Something to practice.
Must have been out walking the pup when I took this, yesterday morning.
You could tell that the rain would start soon by those dark clouds hanging around the old town clock. And it did, as soon as I got in the truck to go home.
Sipping on  my coffee and hoping all goes well. Enjoy your day.
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. hope the stomach is feeling better....thought about suggesting gravol(ginger) as it does seem to help....I had visions of you asleep under your desk :) hope today is a good day

    ReplyDelete