Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 292 - 18th October 2012 - The Harbour, Yellow Flowers, and a Mallard

Another too early morning so it will be a very long day. So wish I could sleep better or longer as the case may be. My sleep issues get so much worse this time of year as do the hotflashes  - a delicate subject unless you area woman in the throws of them! And of course there is nothing worse than laying in bed at 3am tossing and turning while someone snores away next to you. Rationally I know it's not his fault that I can't sleep but ... it just drives me nuts so it's easier and safer for his health if I get up and go downstairs - starting my day! Well can't complain that I don't get my quiet time. Temperature is +1.8 - guessing it will dip down a bit more yet. Lots to do this morning as Karen and I are going off later to visit with our friend Kim. So I guess maybe some muffins are in order to take with us, and I need to get a few things done around the house. Will take my camera, never know what you might see on a road trip. Exercise class tonight.
Good day in town yesterday, some work accomplished. Had a great lunch with Dad - creamed lobster, stir fry veggies and mashed potatoes - I'm a spoiled daughter! Checked in on the Outhouse/Hen house restoration that Edwin and Karen (a different Karen than above) are working on. Looks very good - it will soon be all finished...guess there will be another project soon! And I almost forgot that one of my very good friends was off on a short trip last week and brought me home presents - so it truly was a good day.
Harbour was very calm and quiet this morning - the Islands Park is shut down for the winter - no more campers until spring, but still a great place to walk no matter what season.
A few colorful weeds still around.
The sunflowers are on their last legs.
I peeked in this yard - the yellow mums are really pretty.
This fellow was pretty friendly, swam right up to the the edge of the shore.
I like his reflection in the water and notice his bright orange leg.
I guess yellow must have been my color of the day!
 
Well time for another coffee - like I really need one and I must take some cranberries and blueberries out of the freezer for muffins - lots of anti-toxins there. Enjoy your day!

 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Yup "yellow' was the colour of the day...it is amazing how vivid the weeds are this time of year. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete